Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm Goin' To Vegas

I was on it yesterday. The seer inside of me predicted that Notre Dame was going to win easily over Villanova with Kyle McAlarney being the leading scorer. I was a little off on Luke Harangody. I said that he wasn't going to get a double-double, but I was wrong on that one. However, I also said that Tyrone Nash was going to get into the game. I also said Tim Abromaitis would play, but I'm not hung up on "details". For the most part, I was right, and that's all that matters.

Branching out from Notre Dame, I also predicted Connecticut over Indiana. Indiana is one of the most overrated teams in the country because they have a good freshman. Here's the truth: Gordon is overrated. Sure, he puts up 30 points on Chicago State and whoever else IU played in their joke of a non-conference, but he never shows up in big games, and he gets fatigued way too fast for a shooting guard. He is not on the same level as Michael Beasley and Derrick Rose. They were ranked at number 8, but all that proves is how college basketball rankings are a joke. Good thing they don't mean anything. IU is 1-2 versus the RPI Top 50, and that one win is over Illinois State. Their best win over a major program is over Georgia Tech. IU has lost to all of the good teams they have played. I expect a first round exit for the Hoosiers. Good thing they play in the pathetic Big Ten to boost their record and give them a better seed in the Tourney.

No comments: